Coronavirus and the media: is ‘gotcha’ journalism the new normal?
Join an online panel discussion about the media's performance during the Covid-19 pandemic, hosted by Academy of Ideas. Among other issues, the panelists will discuss what news and commentary we need during this pandemic period, and how we go about ensuring the survival and prospering of a free, critical press.
Jodie Ginsberg, Internews CEO in Europe will be one of the panelists.
Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at 6:45 PM – 8:45 PM UTC+01 (1:45 PM Eastern / 10:45 AM Pacific)
- Claire Fox: director, Academy of Ideas; panelist, Radio 4’s Moral Maze; author, I STILL Find That Offensive!
- Jodie Ginsberg: CEO, Internews Europe; former CEO, Index on Censorship.
- Daisy McAndrew: co-presenter, talkRADIO; former host, The Daily Politics; vice chair, Internews board member
- Freddie Sayers: executive editor, UnHerd; CEO, UnHerd Ventures; former editor-in-chief, YouGov; founder, InConvo and PoliticsHome
- Ella Whelan: co-convenor, Battle of Ideas festival; journalist and frequent commentator on TV and radio; author, What Women Want
Coronavirus and the media: is ‘gotcha’ journalism the new normal? More information