Webinar: Responsible Journalism: Part of the Solution
Breakthrough ACTION, based at Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs and Internews in the Philippines, with support from USAID, is inviting the media to join the Responsible Journalism: Part of the Cure Webinar Series and Online Discussion.
Jun 10, 2020 10:30 AM | Jun 11, 2020 10:30 AM (Philippines time (GMT+8))
The Webinar Series aims to provide support to media journalists across the Philippines in their role within the COVID-19 context. Media journalists have an active role to effectively and accurately report information and health updates, as well as to clearly engage with the public and its partners, working towards the goal of eradicating COVID-19.
This online webinar is open to media and journalists across the Philippines, particularly those engaged in reporting on health and the COVID-19 situation today.
Discussion Leaders include:
- Dr. Michael L. Tan, Professor of Anthropology and Clinical Professor, University of the Philippines
- Dr. Beverly Ho, Special Assistant to the Secretary, Department of Health
- Ms. Floreen Simon,Training director and OIC, Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism
- Ms. Ellen Tordesillas, President of the Board of Trustees, VERA Files
- Ms. Celine "Chin" Isabelle Samson, Head of Facebook Factcheck Team, VERA Files
- Atty. Faith Laperal, Head Executive Assistant, Department of Health