Internews is welcoming applications from journalists and content producers for a series of digital and operational security trainings to introduce them to digital and operational security best practices and secure data management. The digital security trainings will include topics such as digital risk assessment, malware, data/info encryption, secure researching and file sharing, protecting email and social media accounts, and laptop/mobile phone safety. Operational security trainings will establish an understanding of situational awareness and safety planning. The legal landscape in which activists and journalists operate in will be another focus area, discussing the policy environment for freedom of speech and assembly, access to information, legal rights, laws such the cybercrime law.
In consultation with local partners, Internews will select journalists and/or content producers to participate in a multi-session training workshop focusing on digital security, operational security, and the legal landscape in Jordan. Participants will examine how digital security precautions can limit exposure to physical threats, using real world examples tailored to their contexts.
Selected participants will be expected to attend one 3-day training session. Attendees will be asked to participate in a pre-and post- training assessment to assess the program’s impact.
The training dates are as follows:
|First Training Session||3rd – 5th December 2019||November 24, 2019|
|Second Training Session||11th – 13th January 2020||December 24, 2019|
|Third Training Session||14th – 16th January 2020||December 24, 2019|
In order to be considered eligible to apply, applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- A journalist or content producer, preferably with at least 2 years of experience
- Possess a minimum level of media literacy (experience using the Internet, Microsoft office applications including Excel and Word, etc)
- Own a smartphone
- Own a laptop
- Ability to commit to one 3-day training session
Before you spend time filling in your application, please make sure you have read all materials about the program and prepared any documents you need to send us.
Applications must be submitted online, but in the case you do not receive a confirmation email after submission via Google Forms, please email your application materials to [email protected].
- Complete an application form.
- You will be asked to answer a series of questions and submit a PDF of your CV/resume.
Applicants may be asked to provide additional information.
- Applicant works in the field of journalism and content production.
- Applicant has clear overview of the current barriers they face in their career as well as the potential for impact of this training
- The applicant has the capacity to attend all required trainings within the time frame of the project.
- Applicant meets eligibility requirements
For any queries, please contact [email protected]