Internews is excited to host the Organizational Security Village at the Internet Freedom Festival this year. This two-day event (April 23 and 24) will bring together digital security trainers, security auditors, and other experts and practitioners for lightning talks, interactive workshops, collaborative discussions, and relevant hands-on labs and skill-shares.
To ensure that the content covered during the village reflects the needs of the community, we are inviting you to help us shape the agenda.
PLEASE COMPLETE THIS SHORT APPLICATION TO PROPOSE SESSIONS OR TOPICS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO EXPLORE FURTHER. DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS FEBRUARY 28, 2020. ALL SELECTED SUBMISSIONS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MARCH 20, 2020.
Here are a few ideas for discussion that we’ve already heard, but please do not feel limited to just this list:
- Specific user feedback on both the SAFETAG framework – how it works, how the content is presented, etc.
- Critical usability gaps in organization-level security tools – what is needed and how are organizations currently managing secure collaboration needs?
- Threat-sharing across communities
- Improving diversity in OrgSec work
- What happens after SAFETAG? What does long-term engagement with organizations look like? How are others building reports and Risk Reduction Plans?
- Who is doing what, conversations, Q&A sessions etc
- Presenting / sharing working materials, anonymized reports
- Conducting a remote audit
- Dealing with more advanced threats
- Measuring audit’s success, how do we know we did a good job?
- Improving and expanding the SAFETAG framework + interface