Internews in South Sudan is pleased to announce a call for submissions for World Radio Day on February 13th, 2020.
Deadline for submissions: February 19, 2020
All registered radio stations operating in South Sudan.
The goal of this competition is to empower and encourage radio stations to produce radio programs that appreciate and capture cultural diversity as a core programming component.
Internews encourages all radio stations in South Sudan both commercial and community radio stations to produce radio content focusing on cultural diversity. We recognize the power of radio as a platform to inform, entertain, educate, and shape opinions according to their own needs and collective interests of their listeners. We envision a future that respects and honors dynamic cultures, deeply and richly interwoven in lands, languages, spiritual traditions, and artistic expression.
We use radio as a tool to engage opportunities to leverage our experience in using media as a platform to amplify and empower ordinary voices as they work to claim their rights to cultural expression.
Radio stations operating in South Sudan are eligible to apply and submissions will be accepted until February 19, 2020.
These contents can either be talk-shows, music shows, drama skits, full dramas, pre-recorded interviews, documentaries or feature stories. Sample work (five minutes to one hour) radio program/audio should have been aired/broadcast on 13th February 2020 to mark World Radio Day. The audio can be in any local language but must be accompanied by a corresponding translated script (in English).
These will be given in form of “in-kind equipment grants” to the radio station in the following categories:
- Best overall production – $3,000.00 USD equivalent
- Second best overall production – $2,000.00 USD equivalent
- Third best overall production – $1,000.00 USD equivalent
Please note: The award is competitive and seeks creative, innovative, original and variety of radio content/programming elements.
How to Apply:
Email Submissions to: [email protected] by close of business February 19, 2020
- Submit sample program aired/broadcast or published
- Submit script (in English)
Submissions must include at minimum:
- Name of the radio and brief background history
- Any links to website or Facebook pages related to your radio/organization
- Target audience served by the radio e.g. Greater Jonglei area or Greater Upper Nile etc.
- Radio station reach and frequency
- What is the immediate need of this radio station if awarded within the three award categories?
For more information or to submit your script and audio, contact: [email protected]