The project aims to build trust around COVID-19 vaccines to ensure greater access to and uptake in the vaccines through establishing healthy information ecosystems to address mis- and disinformation and vaccine hesitancy in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). The bulletins are in French.
Issue #8 looks at the following rumors and issues:
- Only cowards can be vaccinated
- The COVID-19 vaccine causes epilepsy
- Do we have to take the vaccine with each wave of COVID-19?
- The vaccine causes other diseases
- The vaccine makes people unfit
- You tell us to get the vaccine but you don’t tell us how to prepare before taking the vaccine.
- There are economic interests behind giving the COVID-19 vaccine.
- The vaccine is given for people with low antibodies
- We see in videos people whose faces swell up after receiving the vaccines. This scares us.
- I am still too young I am not too exposed to get the coronavirus, give your vaccines to old people
- I can’t accept the vaccine because the coronavirus disease is spiritual and not in the body
- The vaccine is the convention of the states to have money and not for protection
- Banso Tolonga Issue #8, September 3, 2021
- Banso Tolonga Issue #7, August 27, 2021
- Banso Tolonga Issue #6, August 20, 2021
- Banso Tolonga Issue #5, August 13, 2021
- Banso Tolonga Issue #4, August 6, 2021
- Banso Tolonga Issue #3, July 30, 2021
- Banso Tolonga Issue #2, July 23, 2021
- Banso Tolonga Issue #1, July 16, 2021