In response to the 11th Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) in the Mbandaka, Equateur region, Internews has launched a new rumor tracking bulletin specific to the region.
The first week’s edition looked at the following issues and rumors:
- Why do Safe and Dignified burial teams want to bury bodies of dead people who did not die of Ebola?
- Ebola does not exist in our country. It is an arrangement of the authorities with its partners to earn money.
- Ebola does not exist. It is just a disease of bad luck.
In Mbandaka, Internews is providing technical guidance and support to our local media partner, AMACEQ to take a leading role in the production of a radio program for distribution to the ten radio partners in the region. AMACEQ is also playing a leading role at the Risk Communication and Community Engagement meeting ensuring Internews' new bulletin (Oyo Towuti Koyoka - a Lingala expression that means "What we Heard") is validated. Our intervention in Mbandaka replicates our successful work in the Ebola fight in Eastern DRC with a radio program, rumor tracking bulletin and partner capacity building.
- Issue #16: November 13, 2020
- Issue #15: October 30, 2020
- Issue #14: October 23, 2020
- Issue #13: October 16, 2020
- Issue #12: October 9, 2020
- Issue #11: October 2, 2020
- Issue #10: September 25, 2020
- Issue #09: September 18, 2020
- Issue #08: September 11, 2020
- Issue #07: September 4, 2020 | Issue #07 in Lingala
- Issue #06: August 28, 2020
- Issue #05: August 21, 2020
- Issue #04: August 14, 2020
- Issue #03: August 7, 2020
- Issue #02: July 31, 2020
- Issue #01: July 24, 2020